Monday, September 8, 2008

Voting Ends Tonight!

There are just a few hours to vote in the Etsy Handmade Kids Contest! Go now, if you haven't already--you could win just for voting!

As a special treat for you, I offer some outtakes from our finalist photo shoot. I made the original hat in February, and we've had at least 4 different photo shoots since then. Taking pictures of toddlers is, um, slightly challenging. The more we take the better we get, but it's still not easy!

A typical scene:
Betsy, a book, a toy, and me, putting the hat back on her head. Did I mention Betsy isn't particularly fond of hats?

A typical photograph:
My girl, 18 months old, at full speed.

A typical photo shoot activity:
Chasing rabbits. There were a lot of them in the yard that night. In fact, most of the pictures (including the ones I used) were of her pointing at rabbits.

And finally:
The end of the shoot. Betsy and me, going for a post-shoot stroll around the neighborhood. Note that I am holding the hat.

Special thanks to Matthew for taking pictures of us!

No comments: